Building a business is no easy task and at times it can be overwhelming. There's so many things to think about and consider, but one of the most important things to do before anything else is to establish values for your business.
No matter what kind of business you have or want to create, this step will help you attract the clients you want and will establish a solid company culture. Creating a values-based company should always come first because it helps make sure every other decision you make aligns with who you are as an entrepreneur.
I’m excited to share today’s guest, Erica Courdae, DEI Coach and Consultant, Founder and CEO of Silver Immersion Beauty Salon. She will be sharing with us how to build a values based business.
- The definition of an “imperfect ally”
- Strategies to use in business to ensure all clients feel welcome
- What it means to optionalize your values
- Simple, first steps to take if you feel like you’re late to the ‘diversity and inclusion’ conversation
- Mistakes podcasters and content creators make that drive tokenism (even when the intention is to amplify BIPOC voices)
- The difference between implicit and explicit values -- and how you can weave yours into your social media content, newsletters, and more